Anemone troubles?

zwisham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

Yesterday I had a green BTA delivered through Diver's Den. It was incredible shrunken and you couldn't see any green but I started the acclimation process and it didn't really open up some until I put in my tank. Over the next couple of hours it started to open up and would inflate and deflate. Before I went to sleep is tips were the largest I saw. But, this morning when I woke up, it had this long white "thing" coming out and is completely closed up. What's going on? Is it dying?

pH: 8.2-8.3
Salinity: 1.025
Ammonia: 0ppm

Thank you,

Zachary

IMG_0299.jpg

Chefwheredyougo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just give it some time to acclimate. Mine inflated and deflated for about a week when introduced to the tank. Some take longer. Just keep a close eye on it.

OP
OP
zwisham

zwisham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just give it some time to acclimate. Mine inflated and deflated for about a week when introduced to the tank. Some take longer. Just keep a close eye on it.
Thank you so much. Yeah, "he's" still very "active" with inflating and deflating. I noticed when my light changes as part of the cycle, he responds.

LesPoissons

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to anemones. Btas are weird. IMO, you should mostly leave them alone unless they are dying. (You will know if they are dying. They get quite gross). Don’t try to feed or move etc the new one for at least a week. Usually they work it out when they are doing odd things. As long as your water quality is good and you have sufficient lighting.

Back