Anemone V/S Nero 3

  • Thread starter Thread starter Delouise
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Delouise

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 14, 2020
Messages
59
Reaction score
27
Location
Penryn, Ca.
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help! My Anemone got stuck to the powerhead intake. I'm running the Nero3 and the poor guy was stuck to the back, I've turned off the powerhead and he has dislodged himself. The fish guard from Nero is in place. I'll get the Nem guard 3D printed asap. Any suggestion as to how I can help him heal (if possible) and prevent this from happening until it arrives? stocking maybe.....
unnamed.jpg
 
Last edited:
Sorry to hear that. The truth is, internal pumps and most anemones don’t mix, an incident like this will always happen, even if it takes months or years. I won’t use internal pumps with my anemone systems for this reason. The Nero 3 is a good pump, I like it better than any other internal pump, but it’s still not anemone safe, unless maybe you made a large anemone guard for it. Not sure if there are any available for purchase?
 
Btw if you don’t already have Cipro on hand, you might want to get some just in case it starts to go downhill…
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new