Anemone V/S Nero 3

Delouise

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help! My Anemone got stuck to the powerhead intake. I'm running the Nero3 and the poor guy was stuck to the back, I've turned off the powerhead and he has dislodged himself. The fish guard from Nero is in place. I'll get the Nem guard 3D printed asap. Any suggestion as to how I can help him heal (if possible) and prevent this from happening until it arrives? stocking maybe.....
unnamed.jpg

Last edited:

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that. The truth is, internal pumps and most anemones don’t mix, an incident like this will always happen, even if it takes months or years. I won’t use internal pumps with my anemone systems for this reason. The Nero 3 is a good pump, I like it better than any other internal pump, but it’s still not anemone safe, unless maybe you made a large anemone guard for it. Not sure if there are any available for purchase?

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw if you don’t already have Cipro on hand, you might want to get some just in case it starts to go downhill…

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back