Anemone with white spots.

Marine Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2021
Messages
66
Reaction score
37
Location
NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my wife got a rainbow rose tip anemone last Friday and now it has a bunch of white spots on it. It almost looks like someone sprinkled rock salt all over it. It has moved around a bit, and the spots didn’t appear until the pearl eye clown started rolling around in it for hours. Any ideas what the spots might be? I’ll try to get a good picture here shortly. Any information/advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
 
Best I could do
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 589
Not sure what a rainbow rose tip is but a regular old rainbow will have spots all over. Mine are black though not white. It does have some white striping though.
 
Name could be off, that’s what my wife told me it was. She also told me she wanted nothing to do with this tank she say the corals that would go into it. Haha.
 
Not sure what a rainbow rose tip is but a regular old rainbow will have spots all over. Mine are black though not white. It does have some white striping though.
So I’m guessing those spots are. It cause for concern?
 
i found this maybe it’s the kind you have

6FF642B8-9620-4631-8633-684B368E3A6A.png
I don’t think spots are any cause for concern. There are so many names, strains, etc no one can know for sure. All I would focus on are the general signs of a healthy new. Enjoy. Their amazing creatures!
 
I don’t think spots are any cause for concern. There are so many names, strains, etc no one can know for sure. All I would focus on are the general signs of a healthy new. Enjoy. Their amazing creatures!
That’s great news. Thanks for all the info. We certainly will enjoy it. Only had it a few days and we absolutely love it so far and so does the clownfish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new