Anemones and water changes.

Mil26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got a BTA and forgot I was suppose to do a water change (bi weekly) should i just add the anemone and then do a water change or vice-versa or just wait another week to do a water change? Its a 25 lagoon only thing is nitrates is above 20ppm

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got a BTA and forgot I was suppose to do a water change (bi weekly) should i just add the anemone and then do a water change or vice-versa or just wait another week to do a water change? Its a 25 lagoon only thing is nitrates is above 20ppm
Can you go through your throught process with water changes and adding an anemone? I am not sure exactly why you are concerned at this point, but there could be a valid reason.

BoxKing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do a water change prior, and use the tank water removed to acclimate for a couple hours - then toss him in like Larry Bird would "Banked off the Glass"

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bta's are thriving in 50+ ppm nitrates. Go through your normal process of acclimation, turn lights down a bit and place the new nem in a location you like. If you give them a hole to sink its foot into and some overhang to feel secure, there's a better chance of it staying put.

Let's see some pics of the new Inhabitant.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back