14   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
My BTA looks like it maybe bleaching. Help is appreciated
Often when an anemone bleaches, its due to too much light , elevated phosphate and even lack of food. Excess light often the chief cause. Please provide pics under white light intensity for best identification

saltnewbie101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience and research bleaching will only come from hot or above normal/comfortable temprature or to much/strong lighting.. If it's bleaching and dying you may wanna check, double check and triple check your parameters. Just my opinion though.. I'm not a professional by any means..

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience and research bleaching will only come from hot or above normal/comfortable temprature or to much/strong lighting.. If it's bleaching and dying you may wanna check, double check and triple check your parameters. Just my opinion though.. I'm not a professional by any means..
You need too post to the person concerned

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My BTA looks like it maybe bleaching. Help is appreciated
Welcome to R2R! In order to get some solid here we will some pics. There are indeed some very knowledgeable people here, but they need to see what you have in order to assess. Good luck, I hope all works out

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you post your concern in the hello forum, you'll won't get much of the help you're looking for, try posting this in the anemone and clownfish forum, and attach a picture as well as your water parameters, tank age and how long you've had it, as these pieces of information are important to help resolve this issue, you should get more advice there.

And by the way, welcome to R2R! I hope your nem recovers

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 27 36.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 32.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back