Anemones Unhappy or just Voted off the Island?

Fence13

Over Thinker Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 93g cube and in the front left corner I built Anemone Island (no the island isn't made out of anemones). Last I checked there are about 10 anemones on various spots in the island. The tank's main water movement is from a Gyre 150 on the back panel (facing the island). It's set to 5 second pulse and only about 40% power for those 5 seconds.

So here's the thing, I keep finding anemones on my glass (or the real lucky/sneaky ones make it to the mainland before I catch them) but when I count the nems left on the island, I still end up with about 10+/-. So I ask:

Are they unahppy and leaving?
-OR-
Are there only so many favorable spots, and those who lose the competition go wandering off?

Of course I can't post anything without pictures.
20170206_192847.jpg
close up of the front of Anemone Island (see it's made of rocks not Anemones). Most of the Nems hang out on the back side facing the mainland.
20170206_192827.jpg
off centered tank shot. Don't know why I cut off the left side. If you look closely you can see a nem on the top back of the mainland.

Ishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have they been on the island? If not long it could be the flow causing them to move, we always fing BTA's are more likely to stay put and more likely to bubble with just enough flow to make the tenticles sway.

OP
OP
Fence13

Fence13

Over Thinker Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have they been on the island? If not long it could be the flow causing them to move, we always fing BTA's are more likely to stay put and more likely to bubble with just enough flow to make the tenticles sway.

The tank and nems have been there for about a year plus now. The gyre was on the tank to begin with, then I switched to two PP-4's then I switched back maybe 4 months ago to the gyre.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 44 29.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 41 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.3%
Back