Anenome dying?

novaxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I got this anemone maybe 2 weeks ago and drip acclimated it to my tank. It was looking good until maybe a few days ago after a water change and it fell off earlier today and now looks like it appears to be dying maybe even already dead?

High Range Ph: 8
Ammonia: 0
nitrite: 0
nitrate: 0

I also am currently experiencing a red algae outbreak and also am using the stock light on my fluval 13.5. About 12 hours of light a day, 7 white, 5 blue light. Also this tank has been established for over 8 month

image.jpg

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a goner to me .
The stock lighting on a evo isn’t sufficient for a anemone..that light will only support soft coral and some lps (not saying that’s why your nem died)

Alphadave248

Reef addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should definitely check out the Dry goods sales on here for a gently used light to fit your needs. My recommendation to you is the AI prime.

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I got this anemone maybe 2 weeks ago and drip acclimated it to my tank. It was looking good until maybe a few days ago after a water change and it fell off earlier today and now looks like it appears to be dying maybe even already dead?

High Range Ph: 8
Ammonia: 0
nitrite: 0
nitrate: 0

I also am currently experiencing a red algae outbreak and also am using the stock light on my fluval 13.5. About 12 hours of light a day, 7 white, 5 blue light. Also this tank has been established for over 8 month

image.jpg
did it die? nems like high light, but this guy may have been a goner when you got him.. i have nems in my tank that seem bullet proof, but see dying ones at the LFS all the time. I think they are easy to care for most of the time, but one or two things out of whack can kill them easily.

good stable water parameters are a must... usually they string out a lot if its just too little light. my guess is bad water, or it was dying when you got it.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 133 59.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 79 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.4%
Back