Anenome not eating

onlyreefsnobeef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a bta 2 months ago, looks healthy, and hasn't moved in 1 and a half months, but won't eat, been trying to feed him some krill but he won't take it, he's about 2 inches in size, maybe those small fish I should try?

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remember also the majority of the nems food/nourishment comes from your lights. Supplements like krill are important. Also make sure the krill portions are small enough for this little anemone.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
30watts of white and blues with sun downs and ups, torches, zoas, duncan, gsp, shrooms, xenia, birdsnest all happy
This may not be enough. I had my kessils at 90% for a while and my nems still reached for the light. Ended up turning them down because my other coral didn't like it.

mindme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a bta 2 months ago, looks healthy, and hasn't moved in 1 and a half months, but won't eat, been trying to feed him some krill but he won't take it, he's about 2 inches in size, maybe those small fish I should try?

You don't need to feed them, but if you do I think they like smaller foods vs larger foods. I really don't feed mine directly, but they do get leftovers from the fish, and pellets will fall on them etc. Or they'll get some mysis shrimp.

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your opening post said it looks healthy. I’d just keep an eye on it. I’ve had many rbta and long tentacle anemones. When conditions are right or they adapt to less than perfect conditions then they’ll be better and stronger for it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back