Anenome Questions & Help

Birdman Broham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Got a big Anenome. Had a large maroon gold stripe that was fairly aggressive towards it. Meaning; it would constantly move the same away from its foot causing it to unplant.
I did remove the clown and the Anenome is still out full throttle. It just won’t plant its foot. Can anyone suggest a way to help it plant. It’s currently been 3 days on it side

I tried to wait to see if it would do it by its self but it wouldn’t.

Any help would be awesome!

IMG_9372.jpeg IMG_9373.jpeg

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LTAs are sand dwelling nems. Dig a hole next to a rock in low/medium flow area and allow it to attach to the bottom of the glass

OP
OP
Birdman Broham

Birdman Broham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
LTAs are sand dwelling nems. Dig a hole next to a rock in low/medium flow area and allow it to attach to the bottom of the glass
Tried that. It sit there for about 2 minutes. Than moved to where it is now. Do you have any other suggestions?

Kristopher Conlin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried burying my LTA but it wanted to thoroughly explore my tank before settling down. It took maybe a week more more of it grabbing on somewhere then letting go to drift to a new spot.

I would give it time and don't bother it too much. I would only be concerned if it starts bleaching or is at risk of getting into a powerhead or the overflow.

If your fish is bothering it too much you could temporarily sump it or put it in an acclimation box to allow the anemone to settle.

20200419_135239.jpg

OP
OP
Birdman Broham

Birdman Broham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I tried burying my LTA but it wanted to thoroughly explore my tank before settling down. It took maybe a week more more of it grabbing on somewhere then letting go to drift to a new spot.

I would give it time and don't bother it too much. I would only be concerned if it starts bleaching or is at risk of getting into a powerhead or the overflow.

If your fish is bothering it too much you could temporarily sump it or put it in an acclimation box to allow the anemone to settle.

20200419_135239.jpg
Yes it’s been in here for about 2 weeks. Was planted until clown moved sand away from it 100000 times. So I removed the clown. Now just need a way to figure out how to make or let it plant

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back