Angel fish

haigyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello y’all I am looking to get a angelfish in my tank and I have heard they are not reef safe. Is it true none of them are reef safe? I was considering getting a lemon peel or coral beauty and I would love any advice or tips. Currently I have 2 chromis 2 clownfish and want to add 1 more fish. FYI 30 Gallon

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello y’all I am looking to get a angelfish in my tank and I have heard they are not reef safe. Is it true none of them are reef safe? I was considering getting a lemon peel or coral beauty and I would love any advice or tips. Currently I have 2 chromis 2 clownfish and want to add 1 more fish. FYI 30 Gallon
Reef safe caution they are and are often hit and miss. Hit and miss refers to as example mine- I have a flame, coral beauty and Potters in same tank and they bother abosultely nothing. I have not yet had a coral beauty that caused problems, but know others that have a flame or coral beauty that nips on anything with flesh (zoa, scoly, etc)

OP
OP
H

haigyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reef safe caution they are and are often hit and miss. Hit and miss refers to as example mine- I have a flame, coral beauty and Potters in same tank and they bother abosultely nothing. I have not yet had a coral beauty that caused problems, but know others that have a flame or coral beauty that nips on anything with flesh (zoa, scoly, etc)
I see that’s what I have been hearing and learning from poking around. I appreciate the advice I was thinking of
Coral beauty’s but was hoping the compatibility will be okay with my
Pair of clowns in such a small tank!

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I see that’s what I have been hearing and learning from poking around. I appreciate the advice I was thinking of
Coral beauty’s but was hoping the compatibility will be okay with my
Pair of clowns in such a small tank!
mine in with 4 breeder pairs of clowns

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Potters - Mr. Fancy Pants :) Just kidding. Such a beauty.

I'll throw my hat in the ring to provide another source with regards to a Coral Beauty. Model citizen in my 210 mixed reef. I did notice it nip and tuck at assorted zoa's though. Maybe a captive bred / raised would be safer although I've not tried this.

I've also had a Flame but that was back in 1999 and I honestly don't remember much about it. I mostly had LPS at the time with Hammers, Frogspawn, and a rather large Elegance. I don't recall it bothering any of those but the Frogspawn did let my clowns host it in (or whatever they call that relationship).

Your on point with 'reef safe with caution'. Having an tolerance or acceptable risk mark is wise. Also having a backup plan or plan B is also wise.

Hope your day is going well. Potters - very nice.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tbh a 30 is pretty small for anything but a cherub or any of the smallest angels.
That said, my coral beauty has been really well behaved. He took a liking to a gorg (never did any real damage) and an acan, but otherwise was harmless.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Potters - Mr. Fancy Pants :) Just kidding. Such a beauty.

I'll throw my hat in the ring to provide another source with regards to a Coral Beauty. Model citizen in my 210 mixed reef. I did notice it nip and tuck at assorted zoa's though. Maybe a captive bred / raised would be safer although I've not tried this.

I've also had a Flame but that was back in 1999 and I honestly don't remember much about it. I mostly had LPS at the time with Hammers, Frogspawn, and a rather large Elegance. I don't recall it bothering any of those but the Frogspawn did let my clowns host it in (or whatever they call that relationship).

Your on point with 'reef safe with caution'. Having an tolerance or acceptable risk mark is wise. Also having a backup plan or plan B is also wise.

Hope your day is going well. Potters - very nice.
potter4.jpg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back