haigyfish

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hello y’all I am looking to get a angelfish in my tank and I have heard they are not reef safe. Is it true none of them are reef safe? I was considering getting a lemon peel or coral beauty and I would love any advice or tips. Currently I have 2 chromis 2 clownfish and want to add 1 more fish. FYI 30 Gallon

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
Hello y’all I am looking to get a angelfish in my tank and I have heard they are not reef safe. Is it true none of them are reef safe? I was considering getting a lemon peel or coral beauty and I would love any advice or tips. Currently I have 2 chromis 2 clownfish and want to add 1 more fish. FYI 30 Gallon
Reef safe caution they are and are often hit and miss. Hit and miss refers to as example mine- I have a flame, coral beauty and Potters in same tank and they bother abosultely nothing. I have not yet had a coral beauty that caused problems, but know others that have a flame or coral beauty that nips on anything with flesh (zoa, scoly, etc)

OP
H

haigyfish

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Reef safe caution they are and are often hit and miss. Hit and miss refers to as example mine- I have a flame, coral beauty and Potters in same tank and they bother abosultely nothing. I have not yet had a coral beauty that caused problems, but know others that have a flame or coral beauty that nips on anything with flesh (zoa, scoly, etc)
I see that’s what I have been hearing and learning from poking around. I appreciate the advice I was thinking of
Coral beauty’s but was hoping the compatibility will be okay with my
Pair of clowns in such a small tank!

vetteguy53081

Review score
+4 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
I see that’s what I have been hearing and learning from poking around. I appreciate the advice I was thinking of
Coral beauty’s but was hoping the compatibility will be okay with my
Pair of clowns in such a small tank!
mine in with 4 breeder pairs of clowns

areefer01

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0

Potters - Mr. Fancy Pants :) Just kidding. Such a beauty.

I'll throw my hat in the ring to provide another source with regards to a Coral Beauty. Model citizen in my 210 mixed reef. I did notice it nip and tuck at assorted zoa's though. Maybe a captive bred / raised would be safer although I've not tried this.

I've also had a Flame but that was back in 1999 and I honestly don't remember much about it. I mostly had LPS at the time with Hammers, Frogspawn, and a rather large Elegance. I don't recall it bothering any of those but the Frogspawn did let my clowns host it in (or whatever they call that relationship).

Your on point with 'reef safe with caution'. Having an tolerance or acceptable risk mark is wise. Also having a backup plan or plan B is also wise.

Hope your day is going well. Potters - very nice.

Zoanthids.com

vetteguy53081

Review score
+4 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
Potters - Mr. Fancy Pants :) Just kidding. Such a beauty.

I'll throw my hat in the ring to provide another source with regards to a Coral Beauty. Model citizen in my 210 mixed reef. I did notice it nip and tuck at assorted zoa's though. Maybe a captive bred / raised would be safer although I've not tried this.

I've also had a Flame but that was back in 1999 and I honestly don't remember much about it. I mostly had LPS at the time with Hammers, Frogspawn, and a rather large Elegance. I don't recall it bothering any of those but the Frogspawn did let my clowns host it in (or whatever they call that relationship).

Your on point with 'reef safe with caution'. Having an tolerance or acceptable risk mark is wise. Also having a backup plan or plan B is also wise.

Hope your day is going well. Potters - very nice.
potter4.jpg

BRS

How have you used eggcrate in or around your aquarium?

• Aquarium lid

Votes: 61 30.7%
  • Frag rack

Votes: 103 51.8%
  • Skimmer stand

Votes: 65 32.7%
  • Sump Divider

Votes: 37 18.6%
  • Other (please describe in the discussion)

Votes: 31 15.6%
  • I have not used eggcrate in or around my aquarium

Votes: 52 26.1%
Tropic Marin USA