Too much flow for acro?

I don't know that you can give acros too much flow as long as it is random and not blowing directly on them. In my 36x22x22" tank I have two orca 6105s at 80%, two MP40s at 75%, a Nero 5 at 70% and a jebao MP40 knock off at 60% The return is a jebao DCP 5000 running at 70%

PXL_20260426_162806465.MP~3.jpg
 
It’s hard to have too much flow for SPS but it is possible. If a coral is directly in front of a water movement device it can have tissue damage and will affect the growth of the coral. Like everyone says, turbulent random flow is best. Put all of your wave makers on random flow and let them do their thing.

Although not perfect by any stretch, here’s my SPS tank.

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new