Anger/frogfish question

MinnReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be stupid to have a 25 gallon be a frogfish tank? I am assuming yes but thought I would ask, tank is a Mr.Aqua 25 cube that would just have the frogfish and lots of macroalgae.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are some species that would be happy in that tank, the warty is the most popular that would work. There are other small species showing up as well. A macro tank is a great place for an angler, be aware in a tank that size it will need to be a species only tank. They won't eat hard bodied inverts but shrimp will be on the menu.

OP
OP
MinnReef

MinnReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are some species that would be happy in that tank, the warty is the most popular that would work. There are other small species showing up as well. A macro tank is a great place for an angler, be aware in a tank that size it will need to be a species only tank. They won't eat hard bodied inverts but shrimp will be on the menu.
I am fine with it being a species only, if not a frogfish then it might be a pipefish tank

Brittany Marie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did have one eat a small hermit crab. But he also tried to eat everything. Fingers included.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back