OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great pics! Corals are looking great also. I’m jealous of your bubble bath.
It takes time to settle down but then it will amaze you everyday once it starts growing.:)

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anirban,

Your reef looks great!!

Besides AF comp 1+ 2+ 3+

What other AF products are your using?

Thanks, Freddie
Thanks Freddie. Somehow I stooped getting updates of my own threads..:eek::confused::confused::confused:

Mainly its components but other than that I use AF carbon, Life bio fil, zeomix, life source. After water changes I add some Bio S and Pro bio S. I use Af salt too. The only non AF stuff I use once a week is Flatworm stop as it helps me with my acros health.:D

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Small update and questions for all of you.

Sorry for lagging behind in updates but I was quite busy last month or so. I just bought my first house and man that was intense...:confused::confused::confused:. I figured out balancing my big 3 with aquaforest components is much easier than that.;)

I will move sometime next summer but need to paln for a bigger tank and wife already approved it. I just offered her few Pottery bern furniture for the living room lol....:p

So I am planning to build a peninsula as I love to see the tank from longer ends. The dimension possibly will be 72x36x26 inches (approx 300G). I will possibly go with acrylic and this will be bare bottom too. Now, I am debating over the tank builder. I like James at Envision acrylic (outstanding referral including some national level aquarium work), John at advanced acrylic (built my frag tank) and AGE (good reviews and sincere people). Currently I am liking James over the other two because of great experience and reasonably priced quote. Anyone here has any experience with them?

Now, the stand will be designer too and I am looking for a good stand builder. Need some suggestion on that too.

Third and possibly the most interesting part the sump. I am possibly going all Royal exclusive. I like their quality and design. When I say all that mean everything. The sump, skimmer, return pump and media reactors....;Greedy;Greedy;Greedy;Greedy

The lighting possibly will be either ATI dimmable 8 bulb or Pacific sun T5. This will be supplemented with LED bars from Orphek customized ones like I have one on my tank now. These will be inside a floating canopy.

As you people know I like Acros and they are eating my components like anything I will move into calcium reactor and that will be Dastaco. But I will initially start the tank with components but once it starts making a hole in my pocket I will move to reactors.

And finally like my current tank I have decided to go with all Aquaforest line products. They are too good to leave. They just changed the way I used to reef. I love the ease of use so Aquaforest will remain with me.

Now, all of start the reviewing my decision. Whoever suggestion I choose for that part of the system I will name it after them...lol;Hilarious

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anirban,
That's an exciting update!!

Love Royal Exclusiv too and you just can't beat their quality.

Congrats on your home... ;Woot and will follow your lead into your new build.

:)

OP
OP
Anirban

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anirban,
That's an exciting update!!

Love Royal Exclusiv too and you just can't beat their quality.

Congrats on your home... ;Woot and will follow your lead into your new build.

:)
Thanks Freddie,

Looks like I am going with James for the tank. I heard a lot about him. He is super responsive and very detail in the process. His reputation and work profile is great too.

The problem is I am not being able to find a good stand builder. If you know someone let me know.

Royal exclusive is pricey but their build quality is great. I love their skimmer and return pump. Earlier I was thinking abut Bashsea but then decide to go with Royal exclusive.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small update and questions for all of you.

Sorry for lagging behind in updates but I was quite busy last month or so. I just bought my first house and man that was intense...:confused::confused::confused:. I figured out balancing my big 3 with aquaforest components is much easier than that.;)

I will move sometime next summer but need to paln for a bigger tank and wife already approved it. I just offered her few Pottery bern furniture for the living room lol....:p

So I am planning to build a peninsula as I love to see the tank from longer ends. The dimension possibly will be 72x36x26 inches (approx 300G). I will possibly go with acrylic and this will be bare bottom too. Now, I am debating over the tank builder. I like James at Envision acrylic (outstanding referral including some national level aquarium work), John at advanced acrylic (built my frag tank) and AGE (good reviews and sincere people). Currently I am liking James over the other two because of great experience and reasonably priced quote. Anyone here has any experience with them?

Now, the stand will be designer too and I am looking for a good stand builder. Need some suggestion on that too.

Third and possibly the most interesting part the sump. I am possibly going all Royal exclusive. I like their quality and design. When I say all that mean everything. The sump, skimmer, return pump and media reactors....;Greedy;Greedy;Greedy;Greedy

The lighting possibly will be either ATI dimmable 8 bulb or Pacific sun T5. This will be supplemented with LED bars from Orphek customized ones like I have one on my tank now. These will be inside a floating canopy.

As you people know I like Acros and they are eating my components like anything I will move into calcium reactor and that will be Dastaco. But I will initially start the tank with components but once it starts making a hole in my pocket I will move to reactors.

And finally like my current tank I have decided to go with all Aquaforest line products. They are too good to leave. They just changed the way I used to reef. I love the ease of use so Aquaforest will remain with me.

Now, all of start the reviewing my decision. Whoever suggestion I choose for that part of the system I will name it after them...lol;Hilarious
Congratulations on the new house!!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back