Annual Picnic July 22nd

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys it is that time of year again and we are holding our annual picnic. It will be at the same location as last year, @acer 's house. Located just 2 minutes off of the PA Turnpike. As always the club will be providing non-alcoholic beverages and the main dish, hot dogs, burgers, possibly pulled pork. It is on the rest of you all to bring the side dishes and any beer/wine/booze that you want to drink. We are going to start at 5pm and go late if people want to stay. I think last year the wife and I didn't leave until after 1am. It is family friendly so if you want to bring the kids and only stay for a couple hours that is perfectly cool as well.

We need help getting the chairs back and forth between Monroeville and Ted's house and tables from my house is Carnegie to Ted's house and back again. If you have a truck/trailer and are willing to help please let me or Ted know. I will totally blow the budget if I have to rent a truck. We may also need help setting up a party tent prior to that Saturday as well. The club runs and exists because of all of our volunteer efforts and would love to see some folks step up to kick in a little extra help. Please feel free to message me or @acer and let us know if you are coming and what side dish you are bringing. Thank you.
Jaime

Wieloch89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Work permitting, I'll be there and I'll help set up. I should be able to get a truck too, SUV at the worst.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost forgot

Myself and the family shall be attending :)

I'm not much of a cook, so will a cookie tray or something similar suffice?

Wieloch89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's looking like I'll have the day off so I'll be there with my fiancé. @JaimeAdams send me a message if you need help transporting chairs and whatnot, I have an SUV we can use if need be.

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hybrid- We have cake and cookies, how about cheese/cracker tray.

Wieloch- i think Jaime could use help transporting stuff.

OP
OP
JaimeAdams

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Transport has been arranged. Transport back to their location might need some help. Kevin Miller will be picking up the chairs Friday. Jeremy will be picking up the tables from my house after grabbing the catering by his house.

PS. Since it is most likely going to be thunderstorms on Saturday Jeremy and I talked and decided to do hot sausage and friend chicken from a catering place near us.

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank goodness we got the garage cleaned so we can setup some tables in there - not like last year when my new tank set up was all over the garage floor.

Wieloch89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually do have a tent that I never used... I think it's a 10x10 pop up with sides. I'll how many people are we looking at right now? I have maybe 5lbs of homemade smoked kielbasa in the fridge and some hot snack sticks I could bring.

OP
OP
JaimeAdams

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got hot sausage, 60+ pieces broasted chicken. 40 hamburgers, 24 hot dogs. I will not be the one cooking said burgers and hot dogs in the rain if that is the case :D

Wieloch89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright. I'll make up a snack tray then with the meat that I have and buy some cheese to cut up too.

OP
OP
JaimeAdams

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright. I'll make up a snack tray then with the meat that I have and buy some cheese to cut up too.
The above is just what the club is providing. We coordinated what everyone else was bringing individually.
Am things I remember are. Cake, cookies, buffalo chicken dip, pasta salad, potato salad, tossed salad, fruit and or veggie tray, chips, cheese/cracker tray.

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow..... The weather threatened to derail the picnic this year, but we persevered. The food brought was awesome, thanks to all for a successful social event. It was fun speading time with good friends and welcome some new faces to the club. I especially enjoyed swatching the kids playing in the yard- since mine are now too old to run and play. The group was especially diverse this year with the kids (even a 2 week old)

Back