Another ATO Question

Afrashz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i keep my float switch for my ato in the return section of my sump. In the past I’ve hat the ato tube empty into the large section of my sump before the baffles. I feel like this has led to a delay in the water fill and ultimate overfills a little bit. Would it be better to have the tube drain directly into the return section with the float switches? Thanks!

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i keep my float switch for my ato in the return section of my sump. In the past I’ve hat the ato tube empty into the large section of my sump before the baffles. I feel like this has led to a delay in the water fill and ultimate overfills a little bit. Would it be better to have the tube drain directly into the return section with the float switches? Thanks!
You could possibly change your switches to electronic eye sensors that are a little more accurate since they dont have to wait for the mechanical travel of the float that could be 1/4" 3/8" travel.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the ATO fill tube in the return chamber is best.
If you have any concerns about fill, you can add a multi-timer (Amazon $20).
Then, power will come on every X hours/minutes for say 30 seconds, impossible to over fill.
Great redundancy, and super cheap.

OP
OP
Afrashz

Afrashz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the ATO fill tube in the return chamber is best.
If you have any concerns about fill, you can add a multi-timer (Amazon $20).
Then, power will come on every X hours/minutes for say 30 seconds, impossible to over fill.
Great redundancy, and super cheap.
Good idea, thanks!

Back