Another carx question. Co2 check valves, pressure and bubbles….

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I can’t see to count bubbles but with a little help I’m setting up my first carx. One thing I noticed is that the co2 check valve, in this case a carbon doser in line check valve mounted one inch away from a Milwaukee solenoid valve connected to a tunze regulator, is very inconsistent. I’m thinking it’s as the needle valve is on the regulator, before the check valve. This makes adjustment difficult as pressure must build up to crack the check valve and then it instantly closes and the cycle continues. This gives you a burst of several bubbles, then nothing at the bubble counter. I removed the check valve and it’s much easier to adjust. I’m not worried about water getting back to the regulator as the reactor is fed off the manifold, and the co2 cylinder is up on shelf that’s almost seven feet high in a closet behind the the tank. The carx effluent and return outlet in the tank would both have to be clogged to get water that high. Even if the cylinder ran out completely, the air or co2 left in the line would need to be displaced somehow, or it would just compress not allowing liquid up. Anyway, besides an electronic carbon doser, what do you do to overcome the inconsistency of having an in line check valve on the co2 line?

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
am new to rx but i found it took a bit for my stuff to regulate good and have a good flow . also i find some check valves built up way to much presser so i switched to a cheaper one and seems to run good now

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back