Another cleaning magnet thread

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning all!

So over the years I have had a lot of cleaning magnets and for a while there was really happy with my flipper. However having just recently changed my sand (which happens to have have a small amount of metal in it?!?) it has picked up some of these fragments on the cleaning pad side and made a mega mess of my glass with really bad scratches. I’m really, really annoyed.

Anyway I loved my tunze care magnet a few years ago but the fact it doesn’t float drove me nuts. I have a large rock scape and getting it from behind there is just beyond irritating. Now before you say I was going too fast etc etc yes I agree I was but when you have as little spare time as me I need a magnet that I can grab while walking past the tank and give it a quick clean. The flipper max was amazing for this. It is not worth these scratches though so it’s out.
Any amazing new magnets out there that float and cause minimal glass damage that I don’t know about?
Any info greatly appreciated!

cheers
Ron

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Love the tunze care strong. Other would be piranha or hammerhead float

ksed

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tunze care do have an attachment to make it float. Best magnets available.
Algae free are great but the Velcro pad rides to close to the glass that anything can get stuck and scratch glass.

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use my Tunze care magnet in conjunction with my Algae Free on the outside of the tank, stronger magnet.

OP
OP
ReefRondo

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had no idea tunze had launched those! Almost silent in the UK that’s for sure. Just ordered some to give them a shot. Very impressed that it will not only make them float but also aid in outside grip. That’s another thing that I struggle with. Thanks for the replies everybody. Any other suggestions keep them coming!

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No magnet that I know of that will couple well but magically not also attract sand with metal content.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built my own.

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a used h2pro one from premium aquatics and I love it. it glides so much smoother across the tank than my flipper and actually scrapes off better.

Back