Another freshwater convert...

Whipples

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I started off in this hobby about a year ago with freshwater, moving my way through and up to a full planted tank. I attached a full tank shot below of my current 40B planted tank, stocked with corydoras catfish, cardinal tetras, rummy nose tetras, harlequin rasboras and dozens of red cherry shrimp. I'm making the move into marine tanks and look forward to reading through several different build logs and advice threads on the forum as I gather up all the right stuff to get a healthy mixed reef build going. If any of you have freshwater questions feel free to DM me, be happy to help!

Don't mind the janky fan setup, we had a heatwave here in SoCal and you do what you gotta do...

Full tank shot.jpg

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Whipples

Whipples

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome thanks! I will take a look through that. I've been watching pretty much all of BRSTV's videos on Youtube, and some other channels like CJs Aquarium. Tons of great info out there, and a bit overwhelming at first...

NVTE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome. nice planted tank, keep you cool by looking at it. I am in both freshwater and reef.
I am in Socali too, where are you in soCal ? We have club meeting that you can come to learn from other experience reefers.

OP
OP
Whipples

Whipples

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome. nice planted tank, keep you cool by looking at it. I am in both freshwater and reef.
I am in Socali too, where are you in soCal ? We have club meeting that you can come to learn from other experience reefers.

I'm in the San Diego area, saw that there is an SD Reef club, was that what you were referring to?

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I'm definitely looking forward to hanging out more in the saltwater sections at Aquatic Warehouse and AquaSD. Are you also in the SD Reefs club?

I am not a member. I was at Aquatic whse last Friday and picking up a coral at AquaSD this week =)

OP
OP
Whipples

Whipples

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Those are my preferred shops in the area, doesn't hurt they are so close! Pet Zone Tropical Fish is another good one for freshwater, not too sure on their marine selection though.

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! that's a nice planted tank!

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Great to have you here!

NVTE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the San Diego area, saw that there is an SD Reef club, was that what you were referring to?
Okay.
I am down to OC, so SCRK and SCMAS, also some other like LARS.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back