Another frozen question? UGH!

bromikke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. Probably can go either way but here it is again. I found a good idea to make life easier by preparing my frozen food for my 3 fish. Yup 3 "little" fish. Watchman Gobie, Firefish, and pistol shrimp (I do know not a fish) that's it. Clean up crew. Frozen cubes. I at moment cut the cubes as needed. Not the most fun thing in the world to do but obviously needed. So I'm reading this article where the person takes a silicone pot holder on which the back side is made of smaller squares. Takes a small container, some water from the tank, and a syringe and makes smaller cubes. There are a few more options to the process but you get the idea. What I'm asking is How much loss to the nutrient value is taking place? It's not about time but rather the fact that it has been momentarily thawed and then refrozen. Would using "cold" rodi water change results? I, like any other enthusiast, am having a hard time saying "It'll be fine. Don't worry about it." Got to be perfect ya know? Looking for both opinions as well as facts. Thanks

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. Probably can go either way but here it is again. I found a good idea to make life easier by preparing my frozen food for my 3 fish. Yup 3 "little" fish. Watchman Gobie, Firefish, and pistol shrimp (I do know not a fish) that's it. Clean up crew. Frozen cubes. I at moment cut the cubes as needed. Not the most fun thing in the world to do but obviously needed. So I'm reading this article where the person takes a silicone pot holder on which the back side is made of smaller squares. Takes a small container, some water from the tank, and a syringe and makes smaller cubes. There are a few more options to the process but you get the idea. What I'm asking is How much loss to the nutrient value is taking place? It's not about time but rather the fact that it has been momentarily thawed and then refrozen. Would using "cold" rodi water change results? I, like any other enthusiast, am having a hard time saying "It'll be fine. Don't worry about it." Got to be perfect ya know? Looking for both opinions as well as facts. Thanks
Just thaw, redistribute to little squares and freeze. No need to add water as the frozen cubes contain water already.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%

Back