Another happy carpet story

ChrisQ0904

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Long story short I made a 3.5hr drive north of me to hang out withy brother and attend a bachelor party... Every time I travel I look up local aquarium stores and there just happened to be one about 10min away from where I was staying. While walking around I was surprised at some of their selection, seeing fish I haven't seen in a while locally (during pandemic). Kept inspecting every tank and saw a nice small pistol shrimp for an amazing price and told them I'm taking it home the second someone walked my way.

Continued to walk around and saw a familiar friend in their back tank.... A nice looking green carpet!! It immediately grabs my attention and first thing I noticed is that its mouth is pretty wide open, but had decent color under blue lights. I'm starting to look at it closer and notice that it's missing a few tentacles toward the center of the nem and the others were pretty short. I wasn't sure on how well it would handle the drive home so I was hesitant and decided to walk away and look around a bit more. After looking around at the rest of their selection I go back to check out the anemone and it's deflated, I take a quick look at the pics and to my surprise it was pretty low, at least compared to what I'm used to, and also see it's on hold. I ask an employee if it's on hold for a customer or a different reason, they told me it's on hold because of the condition it's in and that they have had it for 2 weeks. I explain to them that I know how to treat them and am willing to take the risk and explain that I have done it before with good results. They seem to not want to sell so I tell them it's not a problem and will be back before they close to pick up the pistol shrimp. I return a few hours later to pick up the shrimp and attempt again at the anemone. They seemed hesitant but let me take it and toy surprise gave me 25% off an already great price bringing my total for the anemone to around $55!!!

I get home and immediately set up the QT tank and pull out the cipro while it floats in my DT.

Day 1
20210117_152025.jpg

20210117_152030.jpg

20210117_152621.jpg

Day 3
632855245.jpg

632856825.jpg

Today
20210121_204100.jpg

20210121_204129.jpg

20210121_204138.jpg

20210121_204109.jpg

Seems to be responding to the cipro well and turned out to be a painless treatment so far. Still expelling black pellets but I have not seen it deflate since day 2. Keeping my fingers crossed the last few days go just as well.

I did 250mg in 10g of water every night as well as a 100% WC the first 3 days and 50% WC from then on.

***Powerhead on bottom next to the anemone has never been turned on with the anemone in the tank. The powerhead that's running is near the top and separated via eggcrate***

Thank you to all those who have made previous threads to gain the knowledge I now have on treatment and have made this I believe my 6th(I think) hopefully successful treated carpet.

OP
OP
ChrisQ0904

ChrisQ0904

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I hope he is still doing well. It looks like a Gigantea instead of a Haddoni
Yes, it's in the DT and looking great. Lost a lot of color pretty much 100% bleach. I followed your post and fed a tentacle from my blue gig and it is starting to color up. Will try and post updated pictures tomorrow.

Super cool. Good job!!!
Thank you!

OP
OP
ChrisQ0904

ChrisQ0904

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Pic tanken from the other day. Not as bright green as I remember seeing it in the store but definitely still happy with how it is looking so far. If It ends up staying this color I wouldn't be upset either but would like to see it get deeper/brighter green.

20210405_202026.jpg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 74 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.2%
Back