Another ID thread, sorry.

Pennywise the Clown

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 20, 2018
Messages
613
Reaction score
584
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20200222_113513.jpg
Anyone got an ID on this new frag? I know it won't have a fancy name but just interested in the genus as it has a completely different structure to my other acros.
Thanks.
 
Maybe a acropora aculeus?
Difficult to say with those tiny frags these days.

Grtz
Matthijs
I've just searched and I think you may be right. It's not actually as small as it looks, maybe just over 1 1/2".
It's a happy little frag and looks stunning under blues.
 
I've just searched and I think you may be right. It's not actually as small as it looks, maybe just over 1 1/2".
It's a happy little frag and looks stunning under blues.

That's tiny for me but ok ;Happy
A aculeus is mostly very fluoriscence green with some tints of yellow.

Grtz,
Matthijs
 
At this size its very hard, other than aculeus, my 2nd guess might be plana.

All are just guesses though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new