Another red bug treatment thread using interceptor plus (sorry)

Jettareefer223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it’s all out there, but a lot of it’s dated. I’m calling on all of my homies who’ve actually used the interceptor plus chewable tablets. I’ve done interceptor treatments in the past with the old plain Jane pills. I remember the basics pull all inverts, remove carbon/turn skimmer off, dose and run for 9 hours, and then preform a 20-25% wc. I need the recommend dosage for the plus (I ended up with medium breed that was all that was available on eBay ). I know the plus has the prazi in it. Is it safe and nothing to worry about? Just share your instructions and experience please. I’ll forever be grateful.

dang these little jerks I have lots of designer stuff from all the big names but they’re wrecking my Ora validia which is one of my all time favorite sticks of all time.

OP
OP
Jettareefer223

Jettareefer223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update they’re more grey or blackish bugs if that makes a difference.

resortez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my understanding, one pill will treat 300 gallons. Sounds like you already know the process of removing inverts, skimmer, carbon, etc. like any type of parasite, you will repeat the dose somewhere between 6-7 days later & again 13-14 days after the first treatment. Another solution that is more natural & depending if tank mate are welcoming to new members, is introducing a mandarin goby & or a dragonface pipefish. Those guys are kin hunters of those types of pest. I think it would still be a good idea to introduce either fish even after treatment, as insurance. As always, the best insurance of a pest free system, is to quarantine any new tank members, from fish to coral & inverts. My 2 cents. Good luck.

OP
OP
Jettareefer223

Jettareefer223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do religiously dip everything. I’ve have 55-70 acros alone in my 50 gallon DT. I actually already ordered to of the pipefish from liveaquria and they’ll be here Wednesday. I’m going to see how they do since I have a heavy fish load I’m afraid they’re going to be stressed but maybe no one will care or really bother them. I also ordered the interceptor on eBay. I should be all set going forward. I also bought 2 low boy frag tanks one for incoming and for broodstock colonies. Anyone else is welcome to post to keep the thread going.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

• Other.

Back