Another ReefLink + Vortech question/problem

Defective_Weeble

Salty
View Badges
Joined
Apr 8, 2014
Messages
679
Reaction score
118
Location
Spring Hill, TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a ReefLink off an R2R member to control a 2012 Vortech that I bought from another hobbyist a few weeks ago.

Got the ReefLink, factory reset it, updated the firmware.
Hard reset the Vortech.
Load up ESL and it can't find the VorTech.

Previous VorTech owner tells me that the pump may need a firmware update, but I can't seem any way to find how to do it without going through ESL.

For what it's worth, I've tried the instructions inside of ESL for updating and I can't ever get the second step to work. Also, in step 1 it says that it will blink red and white, but mine blinks red, white and blue.

Any ideas?
 
Following. I'm experiencing the same issue and haven't found a working solution to update the firmware in order to connect with my reeflink. I've tried several ways, including following ESL'S instructions. I too am getting red/white/blue without progress to the next step.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new