Another sump plumbing question...PVC fitting

  • Thread starter Thread starter kirtdog
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kirtdog

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 14, 2012
Messages
166
Reaction score
42
Location
State College, PA
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any Idea how I can make this connection for my drain pipe? As you can see the space is limited. I am running a Herbie so I need to have the gate valve. I am thinking the easiest thing to do would be to loosen the bulkhead an lift it up. Connect the PVC to pipe to the 45 and retighten the bulkhead. Thoughts?

1747788948335.jpeg
 
Loosen bulkhead like you said, or have a helper lift the tank while you apply pvc cement and position the 45, and then lower the tank. How big is the tank?
 
Loosen bulkhead like you said, or have a helper lift the tank while you apply pvc cement and position the 45, and then lower the tank. How big is the tank?
90 gallon. 36x24x36 Not an easy lift...lol I just have to make sure the bulkhead is water tight if I lift it up. I guess I could take the fitting off of the sump and just run the pipe through the hole but it wouldn't look as clean. Not sure why I care, no one will see it. The stand has panels that cover the front and the sides. Thank you for the reply.
 
90 gallon. 36x24x36 Not an easy lift...lol I just have to make sure the bulkhead is water tight if I lift it up. I guess I could take the fitting off of the sump and just run the pipe through the hole but it wouldn't look as clean. Not sure why I care, no one will see it. The stand has panels that cover the front and the sides. Thank you for the reply.

Whenever my wife says "nobody will ever see it", I always respond, "I will...". If you go that route, decide if you can live with it, cuz you'll see it every day.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new