Another tasty UC treat!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there!

Everyone seems to love our "Strawberry Shortcake" Acro. We sell them as quick as we put them up on the site!

Well, how about another helping...? Enter the UC "Blueberry Shortcake'.

We've been propagating this morph for some time, and it's hardy, relatively fast growing, super colorful, and fully, ridiculously encrusted!

IMG_8394blueberryshortcake1andhalfinch68.jpgUC.jpg

It's proof that you "can have your shortcake and eat it, too"...er, yeah. Whatever. Anyways, it's a pretty cool coral that you might want to check out, and it's available now as part of today's update.

Acropora sp. - UC "Blueberry Shortcake" Acropora - 1.5" Frag WYSIWYG

Enjoy!

Scott Fellman
Unique Corals

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blueberry? Interesting, any shots of the mother so we can say why it's called a blueberry?

OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blueberry? Interesting, any shots of the mother so we can say why it's called a blueberry?

We'll have to get a M.C shot! It has a distinct 'bluish" color to it in person. We were kicking ID's around one day to see what it was (A. bifurcate? A.sarmentosa? A.subulata, etc. and someone just said "We should just call the &*(&^%^$ thing the "Blueberry Shortcake"! Yeah, thats the whole story...Not particularly exciting, actually. LOL

Thanks,

Scott

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We'll have to get a M.C shot! It has a distinct 'bluish" color to it in person. We were kicking ID's around one day to see what it was (A. bifurcate? A.sarmentosa? A.subulata, etc. and someone just said "We should just call the &*(&^%^$ thing the "Blueberry Shortcake"! Yeah, thats the whole story...Not particularly exciting, actually. LOL

Thanks,

Scott

had to be Joe Cap that came up with the name, that's exactly how the original Strawberry Shortcake was named, spurted right out of his mouth and the rest is histroy

WesF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you probably are set on the name but I have a 3 year old daughter and I just learned "Blueberry Muffin" is Strawberry Shortcake's friend in the cartoon. Just a thought.

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you probably are set on the name but I have a 3 year old daughter and I just learned "Blueberry Muffin" is Strawberry Shortcake's friend in the cartoon. Just a thought.
HA! I like that. Marketing wise, not as cool sounding since it has the shortcake's legacy in blueberry shortcake. But I'd have to say I love that name for the story behind it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That is funny...wish we knew that before we "named" it...LOL

Scott

OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HA! I like that. Marketing wise, not as cool sounding since it has the shortcake's legacy in blueberry shortcake. But I'd have to say I love that name for the story behind it.

Good point about the legacy! Nothing gets past you guys, huh?

-Scott

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back