Another ywg

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was looking at pistol shrimp and I read that one killed everything in some guys tank, and I also read that ywg’s get lonely/depressed, I have had one in my tank for about 3 months, I was planning on getting a pistol shrimp but don’t want to chance it, would I be good at getting another ywg goby for my already established one.

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The commonly sold pistol shrimp are harmless but their are some killers out there that people get as hitchhikers.

Yes you can add another ywg to have a bonded pair but I'm not sure how to sex them (or if you even need too)

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you need to sex watchman gobies - clownfish go from male to female, angelfish and wrasses from female to male, but from what I'm given to understand, watchman gobies' relationships are more negotiable - they can switch in either direction, at pretty much any time.

~B.

OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you need to sex watchman gobies - clownfish go from male to female, angelfish and wrasses from female to male, but from what I'm given to understand, watchman gobies' relationships are more negotiable - they can switch in either direction, at pretty much any time.

~B.
sweet

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back