Anthias broken pectoral fin

  • Thread starter Thread starter Scubabum
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Scubabum

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 3, 2015
Messages
745
Reaction score
1,039
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As the title states, my lyretail anthias must have got into a fight and it appears it has a broken pectoral fin. I know nipped fins heal fairly fast but was wondering if the broken pectoral fin will heal itself? Thanks in advance.
 
Pics? Broken how? If it’s been ripped due to aggression it could get infected.
 
A pic would help. Do you know who it was fighting with? As long as aggression doesn't continue and the injury doesn't get infected it should be fine.
 
I will try and capture a pic. Currently the fish has taken shelter under a chalice and has been there for several hours. I did not witness the fighting but the fish has discoloration (bruising) to the side right above the fin and the fin appears to be broken ( fin just hanging) and the fish is unable to use it. Fish still appears to be strong. When I tried to catch it to place into QT it was still very fast but unable to use the left pectoral fin. I suspect it was fighting with my Flame Angel.
 
Last edited:
Well my lights just came on for the day and I'm sad to report the Anthias did not make it through the night. Had it for almost 2 years. RIP little buddy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new