anthias question

Art2249

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have anthias in quarantine and the dominant is in the early stages of transition. I already have a fully transitioned male in my display. Should I add this fish

tundraguy1106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two males will fight and most likely one will die. I would finish quarantining and then place the new fish in an acclimation box in your display and then go from there. I’m gonna say there is a 100% chance of the two males fighting but I could be wrong. If so, leave him in the acclimation box and see if someone on here would like to buy him or maybe the LFS.

OP
OP
Art2249

Art2249

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two males will fight and most likely one will die. I would finish quarantining and then place the new fish in an acclimation box in your display and then go from there. I’m gonna say there is a 100% chance of the two males fighting but I could be wrong. If so, leave him in the acclimation box and see if someone on here would like to buy him or maybe the LFS.
That's what I was thinking. I probably will keep it in QT so I can run another batch of females through. Then...free to good home.

tundraguy1106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I was thinking. I probably will keep it in QT so I can run another batch of females through. Then...free to good home.
Yeah as long as you have 1 male, that should keep the females from transitioning. I placed 4 females in my display and one changed male. That male died and the cycle continued. Now I only have one female and she’s one of the most aggressive fish I have. I always wanted to add more but the lyretails at all of the stores are so tiny I don’t think they’d stand a chance.

Back