Anthias Thread...

potatocouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Folks, how do you force train these Anthias to feed on flakes/pellets? Any real-life experience would be much appreciated!

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Folks, how do you force train these Anthias to feed on flakes/pellets? Any real-life experience would be much appreciated!
I have found that feeding their favorite frozen a few times a day, then after a few weeks, mixing in a little pellets and flakes, and gradually increasing the mix seems to work for most species.

Some species switch over faster than others.

Philt56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E0B2C166-3B37-4AB2-99D8-D794ED3376B3.jpeg
Bumping the thread. Got this guy(girl?) a couple weeks ago on sale. Supposedly a dispar, but I’m not sure. And is it a female? Eating frozen brine and mysis, tried LRS reef frenzy and doesn’t really go for it.

So far only habitant of the tank, set up a couple months ago. I’m thinking of adding a trio of sunset or lyretale from divers den.

Soopa1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E0B2C166-3B37-4AB2-99D8-D794ED3376B3.jpeg
Bumping the thread. Got this guy(girl?) a couple weeks ago on sale. Supposedly a dispar, but I’m not sure. And is it a female? Eating frozen brine and mysis, tried LRS reef frenzy and doesn’t really go for it.

So far only habitant of the tank, set up a couple months ago. I’m thinking of adding a trio of sunset or lyretale from divers den.

Looks like a female lyretail

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 38.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back