Anthias Thread...

Folks, how do you force train these Anthias to feed on flakes/pellets? Any real-life experience would be much appreciated!
 
Folks, how do you force train these Anthias to feed on flakes/pellets? Any real-life experience would be much appreciated!
I have found that feeding their favorite frozen a few times a day, then after a few weeks, mixing in a little pellets and flakes, and gradually increasing the mix seems to work for most species.

Some species switch over faster than others.
 
E0B2C166-3B37-4AB2-99D8-D794ED3376B3.jpeg
Bumping the thread. Got this guy(girl?) a couple weeks ago on sale. Supposedly a dispar, but I’m not sure. And is it a female? Eating frozen brine and mysis, tried LRS reef frenzy and doesn’t really go for it.

So far only habitant of the tank, set up a couple months ago. I’m thinking of adding a trio of sunset or lyretale from divers den.
 
E0B2C166-3B37-4AB2-99D8-D794ED3376B3.jpeg
Bumping the thread. Got this guy(girl?) a couple weeks ago on sale. Supposedly a dispar, but I’m not sure. And is it a female? Eating frozen brine and mysis, tried LRS reef frenzy and doesn’t really go for it.

So far only habitant of the tank, set up a couple months ago. I’m thinking of adding a trio of sunset or lyretale from divers den.

Looks like a female lyretail
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new