Anxious’s 170

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I appreciate the feedback

I’ll look into that thanks for the tip. I didn’t know that they would revert back to pods good to know thanks again

I don't know that it's a guarantee that they will revert back, but I've read enough stories of them doing just that then starving to death because of it. I'd hate to see that happen to you so always best to be prepared :)

OP
OP
AnxiousReefer

AnxiousReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THE HORROR!!
I can’t believe what I just witnessed! As I walk to the tank to see how everything’s going. I see my wrasse start swimming to one of my acans and start pecking at it. At first I thought it was eating some kind of parasite as that’s what they’re known to do. But as I kept watching I started seeing pieces of one of the acan heads disappear. I was so shocked as I was watching this massacre I was talking to @Shep. He was advising me to rehome the wrasse. I couldn’t do that because first wrasse is hard to catch and two that would mean taking apart my scape. I’m very happy with my scape so I didn’t want to touch it. I ended up watch the wrasse eat a whole head of the Acan. Thankfully the wrasse stopped after the one head. I moved the Acan to another area of my tank. Hopefully the head the wrasse ate will heal. Btw I found out my clowns most likely have internal parasites. Lucky me living in Canada medication is not easily accessible. What a stressful day;Punch

9E87FAEC-556D-47BB-B545-91AD56917199.jpeg

C6DC0C22-4283-4C2D-9CF1-38644190BCEA.jpeg

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THE HORROR!!
I can’t believe what I just witnessed! As I walk to the tank to see how everything’s going. I see my wrasse start swimming to one of my acans and start pecking at it. At first I thought it was eating some kind of parasite as that’s what they’re known to do. But as I kept watching I started seeing pieces of one of the acan heads disappear. I was so shocked as I was watching this massacre I was talking to @Shep. He was advising me to rehome the wrasse. I couldn’t do that because first wrasse is hard to catch and two that would mean taking apart my scape. I’m very happy with my scape so I didn’t want to touch it. I ended up watch the wrasse eat a whole head of the Acan. Thankfully the wrasse stopped after the one head. I moved the Acan to another area of my tank. Hopefully the head the wrasse ate will heal. Btw I found out my clowns most likely have internal parasites. Lucky me living in Canada medication is not easily accessible. What a stressful day;Punch

9E87FAEC-556D-47BB-B545-91AD56917199.jpeg

C6DC0C22-4283-4C2D-9CF1-38644190BCEA.jpeg

I think that you can still access some meds that will work on internal parasites..

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it keeps eating them, look into making a fish trap to catch him. They are pretty easy and cheap to make

OP
OP
AnxiousReefer

AnxiousReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that you can still access some meds that will work on internal parasites..
Do you know which ones are still accessible?
If it keeps eating them, look into making a fish trap to catch him. They are pretty easy and cheap to make
Yeah that’s my next move but I was thinking of feeding daily again. Do you think because I switched to every other day maybe the wrasse was liking the daily feeding routine. It had a big belly before so that’s one of the reasons why I stopped feeding daily to see if it was just cause it was just eating too much or something else.

OP
OP
AnxiousReefer

AnxiousReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A complete 360 from yesterday, as it was a really bad day but today when I came to get the daily check of the tank. What do I notice?
7E5DA8A3-34D1-4BF6-9300-8BCB51EAFC3E.jpeg

Corraline algae;Smug

OP
OP
AnxiousReefer

AnxiousReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I go to feed the tank I see all the fish come out to eat but the wrasse. I start looking all over the tank in the caves any parts of the rock where the wrasse could hide. That’s not until I looked in the overflow do I see the wrasse.

I removed the outter downpipe and with the help of a shrimp net. The net extended just to the right length of the over flow and I was succesful at returning the wrasse to the tank.
2A9A710B-5207-4048-80EF-9AE522D732E7.jpeg

D165698F-CCE6-4495-A745-E2312CB19477.jpeg

Trying out this area for my acans as I want to start gluing them somewhere so they can outgrow the frag plug they are on. I moved my favia’s a little bit higher maybe a week or two of observation at their new location to see if they like it or not.
20191130_131738.jpg

Current Parameters
Salinity 1.024
Calcium 420
Magnesium 1170
Alkalinity 9.3
Nitrate 25
Phosphate 0.26
Temp 80

Last edited:

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.9%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back