Any APEX guru's out there? Script check...

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got an ATO reservoir that gets filled by an NC solenoid valve, plugged into my shiny new Apex.

I want the outlet that opens that valve to open Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, for 2 hours.

Here's what I've got...

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Time 08:00 to 10:00 Then ON
If DoW -M-W-F- Then OFF

Note, the power from that outlet runs through a high level float switch above normal full level on the reservoir, and the water line itself runs into a float valve. Eventually, when I get a breakout box (or build one), I want to hook that float switch to the APEX, so that I can alarm on high level, telling me that my float valve has failed, as well as shut off the flow.

Guess I can wait until tomorrow morning, and see if it goes hot...

OP
OP
Greybeard

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nobody? Guess I'll just wait and see if it works.

thetedinator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got an ATO reservoir that gets filled by an NC solenoid valve, plugged into my shiny new Apex.

I want the outlet that opens that valve to open Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, for 2 hours.

Here's what I've got...

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Time 08:00 to 10:00 Then ON
If DoW -M-W-F- Then OFF

Note, the power from that outlet runs through a high level float switch above normal full level on the reservoir, and the water line itself runs into a float valve. Eventually, when I get a breakout box (or build one), I want to hook that float switch to the APEX, so that I can alarm on high level, telling me that my float valve has failed, as well as shut off the flow.

Guess I can wait until tomorrow morning, and see if it goes hot...

That should work.I do something similar. I have one condition that turns the pump ON (water is low) and three other conditions that follow. If any of them are met the pump is turned off.

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Output TORES-3 = ON Then ON
If Output TORESSAF-2 = ON Then OFF
If DoW S-TW-FS Then OFF
If Time 08:00 to 06:00 Then OFF

Remember that the commands are setting a register state.

From the Comprehensive Reference Manual:

"As statements are processed the controller is updating an internal register for that outlet. The register can change from ON to OFF for every command but whatever the outlet register’s state is after all program statements are evaluated, that is what the Apex sets the outlet physically to. So the order of conditional statements is important. A true OFF statement followed by a true ON statement will result in an “ON” condition. Move the OFF statement to the end and the mode is reversed. Having this internal register for each outlet is going to be important as you will see with some of the more advanced program statements. Non-conditional statements like ‘Defer’ and ‘Min Time’ are not affected by where they are in the outlet program."

OP
OP
Greybeard

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks... Oh, and it went high this morning, on schedule :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back