OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone! I bought some sand to put in the litter box because we live near the beach and thus have a "sand yard" she is accustomed to going in. I might even put some leaves on top to make it feel more like "home". :p Honestly, her using the bathroom inside the house is causing me a lot of anxiety. I don't think I can deal with that, and would have to relocate momma + kittens to our back porch.

She hasn't used the litter box yet. BUT she did go out into the yard for a little while today so I'm hope she did her business out there. It was really cool because we let her outside and got to hold her kittens a little. She came back in and was like, "What are you doing??" But actually seemed OK as we held her kittens while petting her at the same time. She seems a lot calmer now. More like a house cat, less like the feral cat we had become accustomed to.

I will try to get closeup pics of the kittens tomorrow when we hold them again!! :D

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Congrats grandad! Ha!

I’m no help but we adopted a cat about 12 years ago from the pound and she’s still rocking along!

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to post this...

We put a cover over the sterilite container (photo below) for privacy so the mother would feel more at ease. She came out this morning, ate/drank, and let us pet her. She even stepped out on the back patio with us to get some fresh air.

index.php

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Humblefish, Thanks so much for sharing. Below is a picture of Bob (rescue). He works with me in the office every day. We are very excited to see your family expanding!
IMG_9723.jpeg
At our office Bob and I don't have much office politics at all, however we do have may conversations around the water cooler. Bob is 1 of 5 other cats with 3 dogs and many other animals. About 10,000 plus African Cichlids here. We LOVE our friends!

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ya!
1583883958733.png

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate our cats. By which I mean that I love them. It’s just that they demand my scorn because that is how cats show respect. Also, they are jerks. I have many feelings about our cats.

Mine loves to sit on my chest which is annoying. I don’t mine it on my lap but 14LBS on your chest.

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our 14-pounder doesn’t like human company. She’s like a semi-autonomous aircraft carrier. We have a smaller one that’ll get all over you though.

Ours has princess attitude. Everything has to be on her terms. She does like some cuddle time. Very independent.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 139 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 113 35.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back