Any cat people?

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats! Other then making sure she has food and water make sure there is a litter box nearby. Otherwise try and give her some space so she will feel safe and not have any desire to try and move the kittens to a more secure location.

I would say she definitely was someones pet at one time based on how comfortable she looks.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going into labor:

index.php

And now we have kittens!

index.php
index.php

Happy it worked out!

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see that all ended well. She's a beautiful animal and we'll look forward to you sharing baby pictures. Between fish, cats, birds and dogs I wouldn't even begin to pick a favorite.

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So - the cat came back home? I may have have missed a post or two, sorry about that.

By the way I don't believe I said this before. If I understand correctly you took in a stray or started feed one? Then took it in due to seeing it was pregnant? Nobel of you and your family. Really, it is. Doesn't matter dog, cat, bird, or no lover. The fact you are helping makes a difference in the world. Not everyone does that.

All the best and also thanks for sharing. I can't speak for everyone but it is always good to see positive news / good stories / happy endings. Thank you.

Yeah, she came back around 5pm, my wife sat with her as she went into contractions, and the kittens came at 6 and 6:30. We have them in a little bed now made from a sterilite container (photo below).

This momma cat was actually a kitten that another momma cat brought to us back in Jan 2019 (at about 2 months old). We would feed the entire family outdoors, and It took us a long time to semi-tame this cat. We finally got to the point where she would let us pet her and even come inside, but by then she was already pregnant (so we couldn't spay her.) Hopefully we can get that done once she is through nursing these kittens.

IMG_0951.JPG

Sumbub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as you keep up the human touch and allow her space, she will warm up to you guys. As for the kittens, if they don't warm to humans early, they will retain some feral qualities. My dad's cat is a feral kitten someone found in their yard and couldn't take care of it. We took over the care and she is only tame towards him but not the rest of the family. She's like the number 2 master in the family. LOL

jeffrey750750

Reefin in the slow lane
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck with your new kittens, keep them in a quiet place with no traffic or momma will relocate them. Will usually do that in a place you don't want her too. Make sure she's feeding, supplement if not. My momma cat just had 5 babies between 12 midnight and 2am last night as well 20200303_155550.jpg 20200303_103021.jpg

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations @Humblefish

He was Ferrel, all happy now
69F81CE6-3733-4297-8360-76E4D4F55D02_1_105_c.jpeg
He would not come out for 3 months until we purchased Feliway. Now he plays with the other cats

Last edited:

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 41 27.5%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 32 21.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 35 23.5%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 38 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back