Any changes that need to be made to my setup?

clownfishmama

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 7, 2023
Messages
272
Reaction score
117
Location
Chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The female clown is in fish jail because she won’t leave the tiger watchman alone and picks on him specifically and sometimes even looks for him just to attack him. I love my clown and the goby but I can’t have her bullying the goby. Any suggestions?

0ac3ef56c93cefe2561f36ea2d526c888b55c9851642f2c96b83ee0cc6f20ec0 - instasize.jpg
 
Tank size? I've had trouble with clowns being aggressive in smaller tanks. Only solution is to decide which fish you like the best. I've had aggression in larger tanks too but clowns won't typically chase a fish all over but rather chase them from their area so it's not really an issue. If the tank is small enough tho the clown may claim the whole tank as hers. This is just my experiences keeping them.

EDIT : sorry I just saw your image. Tank looks small with not many hiding places for fish to escape the clowns aggression.
 
The female clown is in fish jail because she won’t leave the tiger watchman alone and picks on him specifically and sometimes even looks for him just to attack him. I love my clown and the goby but I can’t have her bullying the goby. Any suggestions?

0ac3ef56c93cefe2561f36ea2d526c888b55c9851642f2c96b83ee0cc6f20ec0 - instasize.jpg
Tank is wayyy too small so you will need to upgrade; The other fish needs more spaces to hide as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new