Any clues to this ?LPS?

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2008
Messages
5,614
Reaction score
80
Location
Spokane, WA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alrighty, I'm not even positive this is an LPS...lol. The polyps resemble polyps on a Turbinaria, but the growth is branching. I'm clueless. It's been suggested that it might be a Galaxia, but I just don't know.

3223264169_6dcbc52ec7.jpg


3221214686_9037a69bca.jpg


These next two, I used a turkey baster to iritate it, so it would close up.

3223265641_91c7c69d06.jpg


3224124716_87e7a702f2.jpg


None of these really show the branching growth form very well. I might see if turning it around will show more of the branches.
 
Wow, quick answer!! Well, you're the 3rd person to make that suggestion. Guess it's time to admit it might just be a Galaxia and start researching along those lines...lol. Thanks
 
Hard to say without seeing the skeleton...does it have long sweeper tentacles...could be a hydroponora...I have the branching type like yours that are about 3 inches tall right now.
 
I've got both encrusting and branching forms of Hydnophora. The polyps are slightly similar but not near the same thing. After doing some more research, I think everyone who suggested Galaxea is correct. This would also explain why it burned the heck out of a Pocillopora that it was about 2" from, over night. They've since been separated.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new