Any CUC that'll clean the sand bed edge where algae is accumulating?

Deltec

BanjoBandito

View Badges
Reaction score
I have a decently deep sand bed and I have algae (coralline algae AND GHA) accumulating jussssssssssssssssssst below the sand line and above it. Is there any CUC out there that'll effectively clean that off? I've heard limpets before? I can manually remove but do not want to remove the coralline algae in the process. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/c/ReefStache

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have a decently deep sand bed and I have algae (coralline algae AND GHA) accumulating jussssssssssssssssssst below the sand line and above it. Is there any CUC out there that'll effectively clean that off? I've heard limpets before? I can manually remove but do not want to remove the coralline algae in the process. Thanks.

Probably a conch, love mine.

First Choice

Renton

View Badges
Reaction score
Get a couple nassarius snails, they won't eat the algae but will stir up the sand and let your other snails and hermits eat it. Or just get a small conch and supplement with nori. Ive kept mine in my 10 gallon for 2 years before upgrading to a 25.

LIreefguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Are you looking for a cuc that cleans the line on the glass just below the sand

if so yes I found the perfect one for that you

lol. There is no cuc that will clean that so it won’t appear sorry

https://www.youtube.com/c/ReefStache

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
i’d definitely go with a type of cerith for that you can try a mixture of dwarf and florida ceriths or you can get cortez cerith that dose the same thing as the florida but they don’t reach two inches

Gluemasters - your best choice for CA super glue