Any experience Vortex and high head pressure?

  • Thread starter Thread starter fragit
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 21, 2012
Messages
2,509
Reaction score
1,869
Location
Freeport
What state or country do you live in
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm working on a 100 gal display with my sump in the basement. I've been looking at the new Ecotech Vectra L1 return pump. I've got about 13' of head from the sump to top of the display. Ecotech has them rated up to 25'. I read somewhere that they don't handle head pressure very well. Does anybody have any first hand experience to share with me?
 
I'm also on the look for a pressure rated pump for a bit more head pressure. most DC pump won't handle pressure very well, at least current models.
Checkout the flow chart and see how much flow will drop at that level. any elbows or plumbing connections will add to the drop as well.
 
Yeah I've never had a DC pump and don't need one for my application. Just looking for a quality submersible pump with good head pressure. There are the syncras that I've been looking at also.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 25.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new