Any good LFS?

Reef 450

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been struggling finding a good LFS in the Brooklyn/Long Island area. One place in Long Island that services my tank crashed it and would not do anything to fix it. Aquarium village has a bunch of sick fish there. Most places in Brooklyn that I went to are Asian owned and in my experience they just want to sell u stuff. There has to be one that is clean knowledge and has good prices.

OP
OP
Reef 450

Reef 450

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did stumble on pop and it looked ok but they don't have any prices listed which was a major turnoff. I will checkout reef aquatic though. Thanks

gmcc14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been struggling finding a good LFS in the Brooklyn/Long Island area. One place in Long Island that services my tank crashed it and would not do anything to fix it. Aquarium village has a bunch of sick fish there. Most places in Brooklyn that I went to are Asian owned and in my experience they just want to sell u stuff. There has to be one that is clean knowledge and has good prices.

Advanced marine aquatics in Albertsons NY is the best LFS I have found on Long Island and I have probably visited over 20. They are knowledgeable, honest, and they will spend time to ensure that you succeed. Also very fair prices on livestock and dry goods. Never dead or sick fish in their tanks like you'll see in many other stores. Great LFS all around!

schaNYC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Advanced Marine Aquatics is currently my fav store in LI. Been very pleased with their livestock, store is super clean, display tank beautiful. Aquarium Village went down hill quick.

I'd probably pay the toll for the Reef Shoppe in the bronx on occasion too as they seem to have good livestock at fair prices.

Polyp_Addict

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Advanced marine aquatics only LFS I go to on the island anymore.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back