Any guitar players on here?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have wanted to know how to play that simple chord set for a long time

guess I never took time to find the tabs not that I could get the nuance out of them anyway but YouTube didn’t have any good tutorials for it until recently, most people are strumming it vs the little fine details.

the song used to come on the radio a lot and since the nineties I always liked the opening intro thanks tons for giving it a go. I just searched before posting this and now there’s a guy doing it pretty well with Travis picking but I thought it’d be easier than that. Lemme know what you come up with thanks tons.

I always thought the electric tones and lead was well done here too im going to have read up on who was playing that for her. A simple tune I’ve always liked. Not a shred fest admitted it’s a twenty year ear worm we’re solving here

Last edited:

Arthur_Dent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have wanted to know how to play that simple chord set for a long time

guess I never took time to find the tabs not that I could get the nuance out of them anyway but YouTube didn’t have any good tutorials for it until recently, most people are strumming it vs the little fine details.

the song used to come on the radio a lot and since the nineties I always liked the opening intro thanks tons for giving it a go. I just searched before posting this and now there’s a guy doing it pretty well with Travis picking but I thought it’d be easier than that. Lemme know what you come up with thanks tons.

I always thought the electric tones and lead was well done here too im going to have read up on who was playing that for her. A simple tune I’ve always liked. Not a shred fest admitted it’s a twenty year ear worm we’re solving here

Cool. I'll see if I can figure it out. Might take me a bit, but I'll send back a video link when I have it sorted.

Arthur_Dent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool. I'll see if I can figure it out. Might take me a bit, but I'll send back a video link when I have it sorted.
@brandon429 - After listening to this a few times, the reason you may be struggling with the intro is that the bassline and the guitar part aren't being played on the same instrument. It's definitely possible to play them both lines on the guitar, but that's not what's on the record, and it's going to sound a bit different than the recording.

I'll give a whirl at it soon.

Arthur_Dent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@brandon429 - After listening to this a few times, the reason you may be struggling with the intro is that the bassline and the guitar part aren't being played on the same instrument. It's definitely possible to play them both lines on the guitar, but that's not what's on the record, and it's going to sound a bit different than the recording.

I'll give a whirl at it soon.
@brandon429 - in fact, this guy here did a better job than I probably could: :)

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta admit that’s a nice lick. Dang good song it’s clear why it’s been stuck in mind two decs

i like the little high e repetition like a little root

Last edited:
OP
OP
Clownshow

Clownshow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both, for 4 or 5 years now. My two favorites are the Yamaha A1M and the Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro III Plus.
Nice, I love yamaha acoustics the craftmanship is amazing and they feel so sturdy. My sister has a luna guitar and it feels like its gonna fall apart when I play it.

OP
OP
Clownshow

Clownshow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my strat I'm building. It started out as a regular black stratocaster, but then I took a torch to the body and put a coat of linseed oil on it. I upgraded the neck and tuning pegs, put a gotoh tremolo on it, did some engravings with a dremel and a wood burner, made some knobs out of deer antler, and made a custom back plate out of a license plate. 20210528012652_IMG_5819.jpg 20210528012738_IMG_5820 (1).jpg

Ando1231

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been playin guitar and bass in hardcore and metal bands since high school, guess I never grew out of it. Awesome to see so many other players in here! Pic of my current live rig.

Attachments

• CD16A999-9B9C-4835-990A-AFFFE1314420.jpeg
    CD16A999-9B9C-4835-990A-AFFFE1314420.jpeg
    200.1 KB · Views: 4

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back