Any guitar players on here?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would a guitar player mind posting a short lick ive never been able to find on YouTube for tutoring, I bet it’s not terribly hard but I always wanted to learn it

its the opening acoustic intro to the song kind and generous from Natalie Merchant right before the drums start, the album version not a concert improv part. Just that little acoustic three chord into I’d be so happy to see it close up so I can learn it.

Last edited:

|Frank|

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been playing since 2003 when I was 13. I've had many guitars(now gone) and played in a few bands. A kings of Leon/strokes cover band, maiden cover band, a hard rock band, and lastly a post rock band. Then I moved to Florida and got married and had kids so I slowed down a bit. Now mostly play christian music, post rock, sometimes some post hardcore. I have a 1989 special edition Gibson Epiphone acoustic that my grand mother left me and an Ibanez gio that I picked up for $60 while making a delivery to a guitar store for my old job lol. I use a Epiphone valve junior amp and a rinky dink effects pedal.

20210523_074715.jpg 20210523_074745.jpg

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I play a little, but I’m awful. I’ve played the drums though for 25 or so years. Played in bands through most of my teens and twenties. My girlfriend plays bass (and guitar, and piano, and a few different brass and woodwinds). Playing with friends, or just practicing by myself is one of my favorite things to do.

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been playing guitar for 18 years or so. Have 11 guitars. 4 acoustics, Taylor, epiphone, Gibson, Alvarez, and 7 electrics most Gibson epiphany and a few randoms. My kids love music and I'm definitely pushing that lol. My daughters are 5 and taking piano lesson. One wants to do violen and one piano. I'm excited. Hopefully my sons get into it

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When i was a kid back in the 70's i wanted to play the guitar really bad now i can play the guitar really bad.my guitar with my project.

This pretty much sums it up. Bought my first guitar in the early 2000's. Played off and on since then. Can't pick to save my life, so I just strum a few chords. Flail and wail!

OP
OP
Clownshow

Clownshow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This pretty much sums it up. Bought my first guitar in the early 2000's. Played off and on since then. Can't pick to save my life, so I just strum a few chords. Flail and wail!
When I was taught acoustic I learned picking notes for about 4 years then I moved onto strumming chords, then onto finger picking. Once I got into electric it was pretty easy to adjust, now I can do finger tapping, string bends, and harmonics.

jurgenph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i've owned some sort of guitar for the last 30 years or so.
never took lessons, just play for fun.

got my first setup with money i made from a summer job.
marshall valvestate 20 watt combo, and yamaha rgx

never had the room or space to collect multiple guitars or amps.

currently own
ESP LTD viper 301 (replaced all hardware and electronics both for looks and sound)
Blackstar HT5 head
coyote cabs 2x10 with 10" vintage 30 and greenback speakers
a few pedals, mostly only use the maxxon OD808 as a boost

my daughter "inherited" my old traynor combo amp (12" greenback)
and she has a yamaha pacifica

recently purchased a new Squier telecaster, that's currently stripped of all parts except the frets :D waiting to be rebuild and customized, a little project guitar to keep me busy.

playing style... thrash metal mostly :D

J.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Clownshow

Clownshow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i've owned some sort of guitar for the last 30 years or so.
never took lessons, just play for fun.

got my first setup with money i made from a summer job.
marshall valvestate 20 watt combo, and yamaha rgx

never had the room or space to collect multiple guitars or amps.

currently own
ESP LTD viper 301 (replaced all hardware and electronics both for looks and sound)
Blackstar HT5 head
coyote cabs 2x10 with 10" vintage 30 and greenback speakers
a few pedals, mostly only use the maxxon OD808 as a boost

my daughter "inherited" my old traynor combo amp (12" greenback)
and she has a yamaha pacifica

recently purchased a new Squier telecaster, that's currently stripped of all parts except the frets :D waiting to be rebuild and customized, a little project guitar to keep me busy.

playing style... thrash metal mostly :D

J.
I don't own a telecaster yet I mainly play contry. Its kinda different playing country on a metal style guitar.

Last edited:

Arthur_Dent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would a guitar player mind posting a short lick ive never been able to find on YouTube for tutoring, I bet it’s not terribly hard but I always wanted to learn it

its the opening acoustic intro to the song kind and generous from Natalie Merchant right before the drums start, the album version not a concert improv part. Just that little acoustic three chord into I’d be so happy to see it close up so I can learn it.
Post a link. I'll do it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back