OP
OP
ricordianut

ricordianut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes thats were the pic is from i was wondering if they had a name yet looked pretty cool to me but i cant afford them due tot he vet bill

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like desert storm PE and to answer d.grcich ive never got anything from them but have heard that photo's are shoped so im sure somone with exp will pipe in.

OP
OP
ricordianut

ricordianut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wish i did was just browsing threw his website and saw them

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have bought stuff from Chris and everything I purchased was exactly like the photo....Although some of the pictures do look played with, that has not been my experience.

chadfarmer

profilux in the house
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefer Madness uses 20k bulbs 1000w over a 6 foot tank

i thank we does a white balance with photoshop but i might be wrong

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've ordered from Chris several times and everythign was pretty much as shown. The pics do glow a little, so some of that edge isn't there, but I haven't been disappointed yet. I run some pretty blue tanks, so that helps. The sizes of his corals blow me away. I haven't guestimated the size correctly yet (they are always bigger than I expect when I get them).

tibbs2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like was earlier said, he gets his awesome colors from the 1000w lights he was using. So many people thought his pics were photoshopped or the corals they bought from him didn't look the same as his pics that he has bumped his lights down to 400w so that the pics more accurately represent what are in people's tanks.

Chris

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've ordered from Chris several times and everythign was pretty much as shown. The pics do glow a little, so some of that edge isn't there, but I haven't been disappointed yet. I run some pretty blue tanks, so that helps. The sizes of his corals blow me away. I haven't guestimated the size correctly yet (they are always bigger than I expect when I get them).

i think you hit it dead on.

the guy has even ADMITTED on RC to using photoshop. so anyone who defends him saying he doesn't use it...isn't completely informed.

his defense in using photoshop, is that he says he was trying to make the picture look closer to what it looks like to his eyes. ok...fine...but he still doctors the photo's to his own perception...which is still using photoshop to doctor photos. and the pictures are still over saturated. bulbs don't over saturate pictures.

so the arguement, the pictures look like they do b/c of his 1000w bulbs is a little half-winded. its all about the camera...not the lighting when it comes to picture taking.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back