Any ID on this plate?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BriDroid
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BriDroid

I glue animals to rocks.
View Badges
Joined
Aug 2, 2024
Messages
1,703
Reaction score
2,308
Location
Prosper, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The picture isn’t mine, it’s from the vendor. I bought a frag of this a couple weeks ago and was curious what it actually is? It’s pink/orange under my lights with a neon green mouth. They sell it as Hot Pepper plate and have it listed as a Fungia. It doesn’t look like my heliofungia, the ridges are more pronounced.

I’ve reached out to the vendor, Top Shelf Aquatics, but have not heard back.
20250805_125101_EDF36BB1-2E5F-445A-BB5D-5F6CB431911A.png
 
The picture isn’t mine, it’s from the vendor. I bought a frag of this a couple weeks ago and was curious what it actually is? It’s pink/orange under my lights with a neon green mouth. They sell it as Hot Pepper plate and have it listed as a Fungia. It doesn’t look like my heliofungia, the ridges are more pronounced.

I’ve reached out to the vendor, Top Shelf Aquatics, but have not heard back.
20250805_125101_EDF36BB1-2E5F-445A-BB5D-5F6CB431911A.png
Its a short-tentacled plate coral. However, I could find that exact color anywhere.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 35.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new