• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

Any idea what is on the side of my zoa?

Formidableone14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Im hoping its not ZoaPox but cant find much other than that when I search. Sorry. Seems to be the same color as the stalk, purple and looks like something is inside of it??!?! Havent seen any movement though, just an observation. Thanks in advance!

IMG_1227.jpg IMG_1229.jpg IMG_1231.jpg IMG_1232.jpg

Fragtacular Sale
https://www.omegasea.net/
OP
F

Formidableone14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
So I dipped the frag and only a few pods came off, the object on the stalk would seem to be a polyp growing off the stalk. When the dipping process was underway the object began to react like a zoa polyp. It pulled in on itself and shrunk down in size. It would seem this is another polyp.

OP
F

Formidableone14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Just based on size and I can now see neon colored tips under blues inside of it, I think it is a polyp. I have no clue though honestly lol I will observe and see what happens. I have not been in the hobby for long but have not ever seen a polyp grow in this fashion but again I lack knowledge. As far as Aiptasia I had purchased Berghia about a month ago and they eradicated them all. Thank you guys so much for chiming in!

Last edited:
OP
F

Formidableone14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Here are a couple pics from another angle, wish I had a better camera. Ill try to rotate it tomorrow for a better angle.

IMG_1247.jpg
IMG_1247.jpg
IMG_1249.jpg
IMG_1250.jpg

How often do you have some type of algae issue?

• Constantly Something

Votes: 222 42.0%
  • Every Month

Votes: 30 5.7%
  • Every Few Months

Votes: 62 11.7%
  • A Few Times A Year

Votes: 74 14.0%
  • Once A Year Or So

Votes: 57 10.8%
  • Every Few years

Votes: 28 5.3%