Any idea what these are?

sailor4life

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 1, 2022
Messages
50
Reaction score
36
Location
arizona
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there I have a 35 dsa lagoon tank and in the recent weeks I’ve had these random things pop up not sure what they are. I asked other forums and no one knew any help would be appreciated thank you !
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3776.MOV
    40.5 MB
  • IMG_3798.MOV
    5.4 MB
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Videos can be pretty tricky to upload here - most people upload them to YouTube and link them here from there.

That said, those are colonial hydroids (the first video shows them pretty clearly once it zooms in) - I'm not sure which species (there are quite a few branching species like those), but (with a cursory glance) it reminded me Obelia spp.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new