Any idea what these worm like creatures are?

airedwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20211022_162406.jpg
20211022_162406.jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bristleworm, they’re great CUC however, they can get out of hand and when out of hand they can be destructive so you could get a fish/invert that can keep them under control such as a Halichoeres or Cryptic sixline wrasse, Depending on size (36”-48” long tank can sustain a 4” Halichoeres wrasse, any bigger can sustain wrasses from 6” to 12” if it’s an 8’ tank but any smaller than a 36” long tank then the cryptic sixlines are better) other fish that can help with bristleworm control are damsels but be careful as these can get aggressive and fast. Inverts that can help are the Boxer shrimp Aka Banded coral shrimp, but these can be aggressive inverts too.

OP
OP
A

airedwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bristleworm, they’re great CUC however, they can get out of hand and when out of hand they can be destructive so you could get a fish/invert that can keep them under control such as a Halichoeres or Cryptic sixline wrasse, Depending on size (36”-48” long tank can sustain a 4” Halichoeres wrasse, any bigger can sustain wrasses from 6” to 12” if it’s an 8’ tank but any smaller than a 36” long tank then the cryptic sixlines are better) other fish that can help with bristleworm control are damsels but be careful as these can get aggressive and fast. Inverts that can help are the Boxer shrimp Aka Banded coral shrimp, but these can be aggressive inverts too.
Thanks. This isn't the fireworm type right? Will wrasse mess with my hermit crabs?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. This isn't the fireworm type right? Will wrasse mess with my hermit crabs?
Some of them will however, I find that iridis, chrysus and the other 4” Halichoeres that eat them don’t mess with hermits - Chrysus is more towards the red bugs and Iridis is more toward bristleworms. Cryptic sixlines stay at 2” so I would be surprised if one went after a hermit crab.
And no don’t worry, they aren’t the fireworm however they can still irritate your skin at times but it’s nowhere near as bad as fireworms

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back