Any idea what this is? Just grows on sand

  • Thread starter Thread starter merereef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Probably going to get killed for this suggestion. But 1ml to every gallon of water of hydrogen peroxide will most likely rid you of that problem. I had a similar issue and used peroxide for a week or so and it helped like crazy. All of my sand was that color and most of my rock. Now none of my sand is that color and tiny parts on my rock have a little spot here and there. I dont like dosing anything to my tank but this did the trick and I see anything negative happen as a result.
 
Agreed that can work it’s powerful. Lysmata shrimp must be factored as sensitive likely loss where applicable. Pretty much anything shy of lysmata are tolerant
 
We rinse it in tap if you can believe it ~ just because unending supply/rinse to perfection all target and feed evacuated. No recycle happens if the rinse is thorough, partial work is the ironic risk
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new