received_669019753639551.jpeg
received_669019753639551.jpeg

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t see much in the photos, I see “artifacts” that I suspect are the camera, stuff on the glass, etc.

Tell me more about your treatment in CP. Where was it sourced? Did you remove all poly and filter media? How long did you treat? Etc

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@4FordFamily ..thanks for answering ..
Cp was bought on ebay (I know ...I know ..)
No media filter was used in QT.. he was in cp for 10 days .. there was one 50% water change done in that and cp was topped up again..after 10 days there was a 75% water change and active carbon was added to remove the last of the cp ..fish has been looking mottled like this for 2-3days ...but is eating normally... eating mysis and nori ..

Last edited:

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your CP was topped up (added back to the QT after the water change) rather than therapeutic levels added to the water change water before using it, your QT treatment is possibly ineffective.

I don't think what we're seeing in the pictures suggests ich, velevet, etc. but if the above is the case I don't think the treatment was adequate. @4FordFamily ?

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your CP was topped up (added back to the QT after the water change) rather than therapeutic levels added to the water change water before using it, your QT treatment is possibly ineffective.

I don't think what we're seeing in the pictures suggests ich, velevet, etc. but if the above is the case I don't think the treatment was adequate. @4FordFamily ?
I agree. 30 days is needed, fully therapeutic for the entirety. 14 days works if you transfer to another, completely sterile quarantine afterward that shared nothing with the first and was not cross-contaminated. I've had this bite me several times.

You already know about ebay CP -- some report success, others not -- I haven't tested it personally so I do not know. Some dose more than the recommended to arbitrarily make up for the assumed lack of "purity".

Is the fish breathing heavily? If you could take some more photos and point to exactly what you are worried about that would be helpful.

After ineffective treatments, velvet, infections, and other ailments come rumbling in HARD in my experience. They hit twice as hard as they would normally due to the weakened immune state from treatment. Fish losing color (which I think I can see) isn't good. It indicates either high stress, an ailment, or gill damage from some ailment (such as velvet).

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. 30 days is needed, fully therapeutic for the entirety. 14 days works if you transfer to another, completely sterile quarantine afterward that shared nothing with the first and was not cross-contaminated. I've had this bite me several times.

You already know about ebay CP -- some report success, others not -- I haven't tested it personally so I do not know. Some dose more than the recommended to arbitrarily make up for the assumed lack of "purity".

Is the fish breathing heavily? If you could take some more photos and point to exactly what you are worried about that would be helpful.

After ineffective treatments, velvet, infections, and other ailments come rumbling in HARD in my experience. They hit twice as hard as they would normally due to the weakened immune state from treatment. Fish losing color (which I think I can see) isn't good. It indicates either high stress, an ailment, or gill damage from some ailment (such as velvet).
So what would be the next course of action ...another round of cp for 30 days ...?

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what would be the next course of action ...another round of cp for 30 days ...?
Personally, that's what I would do. That doesn't mean that's what's ailing your fish, but it could be.

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks for your help and advice ...
No problem, sorry I don’t have better news for you. Is the discoloration your primary observation? I don’t want to leave another ailment unaddressed I just cannot make anything out definitely in the photos.

Is the fish breathing fast? Do you see spots or dusting on the fish with just the blues on? Scratching? Flashing?

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem, sorry I don’t have better news for you. Is the discoloration your primary observation? I don’t want to leave another ailment unaddressed I just cannot make anything out definitely in the photos.

Is the fish breathing fast? Do you see spots or dusting on the fish with just the blues on? Scratching? Flashing?
Yes it was mainly the discoloration..fish isnt breathing heavy ..

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update....fish is still alive ...in qt for 30 days ...I'm pretty sure it was velvet now .. cp dose has been raised to 40mg per litre....it does seem too have come back again.. fish is still eating just ...

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back